Thursday, March 6, 2008

How Rude!

I was catching the bus home from uni today, and I had to wait around a bit to catch my connecting bus. That's was fine, I know how to wait for things, I've been doing it my whole life, after all. Then a woman, most likely in her 30's, sat down next to me. This was also fine, I have nothing against women in general. And then she started smoking...

Why the hell do people think that is ok??

Speaking as someone who is allergic to smoke like that, it's terrible. As soon as I smelt it I could feel my chest getting tight. Not so tight I couldn't breathe, but tight enough to make me scared. Surely enough she must realise that smoking around other people is inconsiderate? Or maybe she didn't? So I told her.

I told her exactly how rude it is to smoke around other people, especially in such close proximity. She told me if I didn't like it, I should move. Why should I move because of her inconsideration for other people?

It's the same at uni. There are only a few trees at my uni, and only really one spot where to can sit under the shade of the trees. Sadly for people who don't want to cause that kind of premature death, we're left without the awesome tree shade because that's where people like to go smoke. You would think they'd ban smoking at uni because the walkways between the buildings are so close together anyway. But then again, you're allowed to drink alcohol at uni, so what's the difference? (I know it's a really big one, but if you know me, you'll get the point)

So this is my rant for the day. My inability to spend time in certain places due to the inconsideration of others.

2 comments:

Joey said...

um what a bitch...

Val said...

I totally understand. I hate that too.