Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sewing

Sewing is something I'm good at. You could even say I might have a talent for it. Of course it's a talent that takes a lot of time, effort and practice, but I am good at it. I can follow a pattern and even make my own patterns. I think it's cool.

The beehives at church asked me to teach them how to make their own skirt pattern and skirt, so I did! This is the skirt Candice made.


I was quite proud of her! In two one hour blocks, she made the pattern, cut out the fabric, learnt how to use a sewing machine and sewed the whole skirt! Well, except for the hem at the bottom, but I'm confident she can do that herself. She did a really good job on the skirt, so either I'm really good at teaching, or she's a fast learner... As much as I'd like it to be the first, I'm pretty sure she's a really fast learner.

Ad of course, Emily couldn't resist getting in for the picture either!

xx

No comments: