Saturday, June 14, 2008

Zebra Crossings

Zebra crossings or pedestrian crossings, whatever you like you call them, have a hidden meaning! All this time I'd thought that cars were supposed to give way to all pedestrians as soon as they were on the crossing. But really that's not how it works at all! If a car is approaching a crossing and they can see a pedestrian on it, or coming close to it, they're supposed to immediately speed up. It's a new rule for me, so I'm still trying to grasp the concept because IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!

For those of you who are stupid, that's not a new rule. People are just idiots... And if you thought I was being serious, chances are, you're also an idiot.

It's much the same at intersections with traffic lights too. Often it will be go for the pedestrians, and the cars wanting to turn around the corner will have a "Turn left with care" sign or something. Apparently turning left with care includes running over the pedestrians. It's like they think it's their right to go before you because they're bigger and scarier. Or in some cases recently, it's their right to hit you with their car, because their car is bigger then you are. They get really annoyed when you walk really slow too.

See, I think cars are really scary. I've never been hit as in, "fall down your dead" hit by a car, but one time on the way to uni a car hit me and threw me off balance. Nothing major, I just ended up with a bruise on my leg, but they seemed to think it was okay to touch me with their car, then keep driving.

It's always best to have to cross roads when I'm with mum. She's not scared of cars, but they're scared of her! She always walks on the side that the cars are coming and says, "They wont hit me because they know they'll get a great big huge dent in the front of their car!" She's very reassuring. Plus you can feel safe that they're not going to get out of their car and come beat you up because mum's big and scary... Well, she's not really big and scary, but you know... She's big and scary! I wouldn't pick a fight with her because she'd probably squash me.

And that concludes my rant about cars and driving. You should all know that cars are death traps waiting to happen. It doesn't matter if you're a good driver or not, because someone else wont be and they will kill you. Keep yourself and your loved ones safe by never going out. Always stay home in bed and read books - like me!

xx

1 comment:

Kris said...

Nice to know I'm good for something! When I read this I could see myself standing on the crossing saying,"Go ahead. Make my day!".